- Teachers, earn a badge from Microsoft! click here:
- Need a Certified Orton Gillingham teacher in your school?
We work in public and private schools around the country...tutoring students remotely, via a simple online connection. That's it!
We supply the program and a certified tutor. Creating a blended learning environment; traditional classroom teaching, mobile devices, and online learning. Our online program is traditional yet different, to engage the newer generations. They work at their own pace, which compliments their classroom, group, instruction.
Attn: Principals, Teachers, School Administrators and Staff:
Use our Certified Reading Tutors instead...with our research based reading program:
- no books needed
- no program or lengthy downloads
- no training needed
- no copies need to be made
- no homework required
- no lesson plans need to be prepared
- no registration fees or licenses
- no extra staff member onsite, to make room for.
- no extra work for teachers or staff
ALL INCLUSIVE - see a short video of what online tutoring, looks like.
- Tutoring Fee, is the only expense
- Minimum of two, 45 minute sessions a week is required, but can be broken down into 20 or 30 minute chunks, to equal that 90 minute weekly minimum.
- IEP goals included
- Roadmap of what we teach is included, so progress can be monitored
- We use the Barton Reading and Spelling System, which is the only online, Orton Gillingham Program.
- Online teaching is still interactive and multi sensory.
- Still 1 on 1, live, teaching--- like in person
- We even find that students with ADHD perform better online, with their focus on a screen, thus less distractions.
- Ideal for struggling readers of all ages. Often used with very bright students, and can be used for those with a minimum IQ of 70.
- This 'blended learning' is ideal for our creative learners. They benefit from multi learning platforms- classroom, mobile, and online.
What you do need:
- laptop/pc (Chromebooks have limits)
- with camera and Internet
- online conferencing program: is a 20 second download, to give student access, to the tutors shared screen.
- pen and paper
It really is that simple...and just as effective as 1 on 1 tutoring in person, because we use the latest technologies with the best Orton Gillingham program and experienced certified tutors.
Our Typical Student . . .
. . .is super smart and creative. Many prefer math and science. But when it comes to reading and spelling, they hit a wall. Especially, by 3rd grade.
They are often labeled with:
- Specific Learning Disability
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Visual Perceptual Disorder
- Executive Functioning Issues
- Working Memory is weaker
Those NOT diagnosed or labeled, tend to have a mild to moderate issue with language processing.
And fit this profile:
...often spends hours studying for Friday's spelling test, yet cannot retain those spelling words from one week to the next.
They cannot spell when writing sentences and stories, not even those high frequency words like: because, friend, and does. They will even misspell the same word, differently within the same paragraph.
When they write, they just can't seem to remember that a sentence has to start with a capital letter and there has to be punctuation.
Even though the child CAN read, they have great difficulty sounding out an unknown word, despite being taught phonics.
They have enormous difficulty memorizing things like their address and phone number as well as their math facts, multiplication tables and have trouble with long division. They often have a very odd pencil grip and poor penmanship and even find tying their shoes challenging.
That's the type of student we specialize in and they are likely to be dyslexic.
-Barton 2 minute video